11/29/08

Vegas Trip....Day Two

Day 2...My husband woke me up at 7:30....is this not vacation??? I told him, I finally didn't have my 2 dogs or 2 kids waking me up at the crack of dawn, but him waking me up wanting to go out and see the sights....lol....who would have thought that?? So I got up and got ready to go.

We went to the "old strip" of Vegas, Downtown. Scott came here about 20 years ago and this was the only strip of hotels in town. You used to be able to drive down there in between all of the casinos, now you have to walk.


These are the original signs but they don't move anymore.





I thought only the south fried everything BUT I was wrong.....
The Golden Nugget is where Scott stayed 20 years ago....it hadn't changed too much.
They did have this cool aquarium in their pool. You could slide down right through the middle of it.
This was the Stratosphere Hotel & Casino. It is the tallest building west of the Mississippi. They had a restaurant at the top called The Top of The World Restaurant. We ate there for lunch. It was really cool. Not only could you see all of Vegas but the whole restaurant rotated 360 degrees. In the time we ate lunch, it had done a complete rotation.


There were 3 rides at the top of this building for those who loved thrills...or crazy people as I call them. This one was like the drop zone, the brought you straight up and drop you a few times.
This one went completely off the top....You couldn't pay me enough to rely on magnets to hold me. Some guy told us that last year it got stuck out there and the fire dept. had to come get the people down....

It was 109 stories high...
Check out this ride. This one starts you at the top and swings you out over the building. When we were eating we saw these crazy people above us.




Sunday night we went to MGM Grand to see David Copperfield's Magic Show. We had seats in the second row and it was awesome. He is amazing. We weren't allowed to take pictures and he didn't come out after the show so I didn't get any pictures....too bad.
Here he is on his poster...

This is the new Hard Rock Cafe Hotel & Casino.

After another long day of walking and looking at all the casinos we went to bed...
We don't really know too much about gambling so we didn't do any big money games. We did however play the 1 cent slot machines and at one game I put in $1 and I got back $50, so that was a good day :)

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

looks and sounds like you had a good time... missed having y'all around town..