8/15/08

Registration Day!!

Wow, Summer is over...It was fun, but it was quick.
I think that Registration day is a crazy day for the parents. We had 2 new schools to go to today.
Cassie is starting Dawkins. She met her teachers, found her locker and tried to make sense of where everything is. The locker is a new experience for her. It was hard at first but she got it after a few tries. She saw some familiar faces and was happy to see some of her friends names on her class lists. She went to the band room and met Mr. Wenger. He helped her pick out an instrument. I think he was hoping that she would follow in her brothers footsteps and play the sax, but she has decided to play the flute. At least I think that's what she has chosen, she still has time to think about it for the first week or so of school.
Zack is starting Dorman this year. He is at the Freshman campus. That school is huge for just one grade. I am excited for him but sad because in just one short year he will have his driver's license and he won't need me so much. We got in the long line and made our way around the registration tables in the gym. What ever happened to registering in the classroom? It would have been much easier and faster! But we made our way around and just when we thought we were finished, we had to stand in another line to get a textbook! I'm not sure if he's going to like the block system or not. He will like it the first semester since he's only hard class will be geometry but after Christmas, he will have AP English, AP Science, & Honors SS. We tried to get it fixed but because he is in band for the full year, it was too difficult to change. Oh well, I guess he will be able to ease into it at first. With him swimming every day after school and doing church on Sundays, Mondays & Weds, he will welcome the light load....
My children are growing up fast. I will miss the elementary school days where as a parent you can visit the classroom anytime you want to. Where the teachers need you for help and you know exactly what your children are doing and who their hanging out with. Once, they hit Middle & High School you can only pray that you taught them how to behave and who to avoid.

1 comments:

jkstrib said...

Tell Cassie the flute is a great instrument..that's what I play. I will be looking for her in a couple of years! I am glad to have Zack back playing with us!!