Yesterday we got a new baby girl, Chelsea. She is a Yorktese just like Kobe. In fact, she is Kobe's half sister. She was born on July 13th. She will be 8 weeks old on Sunday.
It was kinda ironic that we were looking at getting another puppy, a playmate for Kobe, and the breeder that we bought Kobe from e-mailed me the said that I might want to see some pictures of his newest puppies. We were looking for a girl since we already had a boy. I e-mailed him back to ask him if they were the same parents as Kobe and it is the same father, different mother. So, there it was all layed out for me to get this puppy. Since he lives on the other side of Columbia (Bishopville) I asked him if he'd meet me in Columbia and sure enough he did. 
She looks a lot like Kobe when he was a baby except she is a lot darker. I think she'll look more like the Yorkie instead of the Maltese.
We are excited to have her. She had a good first night and day today. She thinks Kobe is her mama. Kobe has had a lot of fun playing with her. He runs and she chases him everywhere.
She is so tiny (like 1lb.), it's hard to believe that Kobe was that small. Even though he only weighs 5 1/4 lbs. he looks huge compared to her.
I know those who know me are like...are you crazy? Like you didn't have enough to do already? But, I really wanted to get Kobe a playmate for when we aren't home. I asked the vet and he said that if we were thinking about getting a new puppy now is the time. The older he gets the more attached he will get to us and won't want another dog in the house. Of course the kids were excited, especially Cassie, my animal lover.

I'll upload a video tomorrow of Kobe & Chelsea playing in the grass...it's so cute.
1 comments:
Chelsea is adorable!
Post a Comment