9/14/08

Busy Weekend

During the school year, I look forward to the weekends especially Saturdays. That's the day I usually get caught up on laundry, clean the house and go grocery shopping but lately it seems like the weeks just fly by including the weekends.

Friday night was not a restful one. Chelsea kept me up coughing all night. She sounded like she was trying to cough up something and she acted like she was having a hard time sleeping and breathing so I was up checking on her a lot. Saturday morning I took her to the vet and she has a cold. I didn't know that dogs get colds. He gave her an antibiotic shot and gave me some antibiotics to give her for a few days plus some cough medicine. I had to laugh because it's the same antibiotics they give to kids...I hope she gets better soon, she sounds pitiful because she is so tiny.
Saturday Cassie & I also went to the preteen potluck picnic in the park. It was in Cleveland park. I hadn't been to that park in many years and it is very nice over there. They have a great playground, a train ride and a lot of picnic shelters that you can rent. They had about 60 people come from AMRBC. It was a nice day and the food was good.

Today we went to church then I went to lunch with Jennifer and about a dozen others from church. Tonight I went back to church for the 11 week bible study they are doing. So far, it's been great. I think that I am going to get a lot out of this study. I want to learn as much as possible. As a kid I grew up going between the Catholic Church and my friends churches (because they were more fun..) As a young adult & until a few years ago, I had been away from church except to go to weddings, funerals, or an occasional Easter Sundays. We have visited a few churches in the area and never really found one we wanted to go to until we went to Anderson Mill Road Baptist Church. Zack loves everything about it. He is active in the band, youth & the choir. Cassie is getting there, she likes the preteen ministry. She is involved in the choir and wed. nights but she hasn't wanted to go to Sunday School yet. I pray that my husband comes around one day and wants to go more. He has come several times to church with me, but most of the time I go by myself.

Well, time to go to bed...another busy week ahead.

Goodnight all!

0 comments: