Well, last night the kids were excited hoping for snow so that they could have a day off from school. They have only been out of school since Thursday at noon! So, I had mixed feelings about it. I wanted them to go back to school but also loved the thought of having another day off too...
So at 11:00 last night when I went to bed, I looked out the window and it was snowing...so I figured they would probably cancel school if there was any sight of snow at all.
Sure enough, I woke at 6:30 to Zack telling me there was no school...now any other day I would have to wake him up...go figure.
When I looked out the window I had to laugh because the ground was barely covered and the roads were clear. Only in the South (lol)...I grew up in Northern Maine where we had to get "feet" of snow before they cancelled school.
I guess they wanted to make sure that no one would get hurt if the roads were icy...and I guess they were after all.... My husband went off to work after 9:00 and sure enough he hit an ice patch and his truck almost hit the guard rail. Thank God he didn't and that there was no one else coming in the other direction.
All in all it has been a good day. The kids had fun playing games and I caught up on tv and laundry. I did venture out after all the "snow" melted to go to the bank, grocery store and took my two puppies to the groomer for a wash & a haircut.
The only thing about having a snow day is that the kids will have to go to school on a teacher workday and probably when they need it more....
100 Day Challenge
9 years ago
1 comments:
YOu know you are in the south now and when you went to the grocery store were you able to get milk or bread cause we run out and buy it all at the first mention of snow.. lol... Glad Scott is ok and he didn't hit the guard rail that is the bad thing around here we get more ice than snow...
Post a Comment