10/11/08

I Did It....

After a lot of prayer and a lot of work, I made my first wedding cake. I started cooking the cakes yesterday after school. Today I worked on the cake most of the day. I learned a lot of do's and don'ts. I had to level them to make them nice and flat. I had to put wooden dowels in the cake to make sure that it wouldn't slide. The scariest part was taking the cake to the party. It was out at the Carolina Country Club family center. It is a couple of miles in the woods. It's all gravel and there are alot of hills....I thought the cake was going to split...Scott had to drive realllly slow...


It didn't come out as smooth as I would have liked but since this is the first one, there is a lot of room for improvement. After I take a few more classes It might even look "professional"....

The main thing is everyone enjoyed it. It tasted good. I can say my cakes are usually moist. I was just worried it might be too moist when I was hammering the wooden dowel down through the center of it.

The party went well. It was a post wedding party for Zack's swim coach, Amy Thomson (now Palmer). It was bittersweet because she is moving to Minnesota next week with her new husband. (He lives there). She is a great coach and a wonderful person. She is going to be missed a lot by the team and the parents.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

YEAH, You did it!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks beautiful... I am sure your name is out there now girl!!!!!