Last night, Jennifer planned a "date night" with some of her friends from her Sunday school class and she invited me to go. (Thanks, Jennifer) My hubby doesn't really like going to the movies so I took Sheila as my date....lol..
We went to see Fireproof with Kirk Cameron (he sure has grown up since he was Mike Seaver on Growing Pains). The movie was really good. Sheila read the book and she said it was also good but they left out a few good parts in the movie.
I wish my husband had gone. It's a great movie about marriage and trusting God to help you through your marriage.I recommend anyone and everyone who is married or thinking about marriage to go see this movie. Just make sure you bring some tissues :)
Also to take the challenge "Love Dare" that they talk about. You can get the book on Amazon a lot cheaper. So I ordered it and I am going to try it myself and maybe my husband will try it as well.
After being married for 18 years you do take advantage of one another and this can only strengthen your marriage.Below is the Day 1 excerpt from the book:
The Love Dare Day 1: Love Is Patient
Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. (James 1:19)
The first part of this dare is fairly simple.Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It’s better to hold your tongue that to say something you’ll regret._
___
2 comments:
I am glad that you and Shelia came too.. It was truly an awesome movie.. You can get it when it comes out and that way your hubby can see it too.. If I had not plan the night Eric wouldn't have gone either... I am going on Amazon right now to see about ordering the book... Love ya girl!!!!!!
by the way, I LOVE the new page... On day you are going to have sit down with me and show me how to do all this.
Post a Comment