1/2/10

2009 in Review & Things to Come in 2010

Some highlights of this past year:

In January, I joined facebook. I have had a great time reconnecting with some high school friends and keeping up with friends in town also. It's a great tool to keep in touch. Although, I have to admit, I probably spend too much time on Facebook..lol...now when I take any pictures of my kids they yell out Facebook...because they know that I am going to post them......

In February, I went on a cruise with my sister, her husband, my aunt & the Bain's. We went on the Carnival Freedom and it was an awesome ship. We had fun visiting Costa Rica, Panama, & Cozumel. Thanks to Doug & Denise for taking me with them. They paid for my cruise ticket and I took them to Florida....

In March, My Aunt Kay & Uncle Pete came to visit from Penn.; we had a big snow storm here in Spartanburg with 3 inches of snow, and we moved into the new church at Anderson Mill Road Baptist Church....

In April, we got a new summer toy...a used Convertible, which was a lot of fun to drive around in this summer. But once Zack got his license he has pretty much taken it over..lol...

In May, we ended another school year. Zack received the highest grade in his English Class and also got all A's for the year. He also lettered in Band. Cassie got all A's & B's, which she then got to get her own cell phone...and she also got a award for Outstanding Band Student.
Scott, Eric & I went to the Nascar All-star race in Charlotte, NC...we had a great time.

In June, we enjoyed being out of school for the summer. Zack went on Choir Tour. I helped out at church for VBX. I started selling Aloette Cosmetics & also started to sell a few more cakes..

In July, we went to Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach for a week vacation over the 4th. It was a lot of fun. The McCarley's were down there and the Nodines came down later in the week. We saw a lot of people there from Spartanburg...
We also celebrated Scott's Birthday here at the house with a Shrimp Boil....

In August, we celebrated Cassie's 12th Birthday. We went to see David Archuleta and Demi in concert....Zack got his driver's license... Then it was back to school for the kidos. Also, I was baptized at Anderson Mill Road Baptist Church and I also joined the church...

In September, we had a fun Labor Day Weekend camping with the Glovers.

In October, I went with two of my best friends, Jennifer & Denise and some fun women from church to Columbia to see Kay Arthur. It was a great conference and a lot of fun.
Also, we went camping at Yogi Bear over Halloween Weekend and had a great time with the Glovers and the other Hewitt's....

In November, I helped decorate a table for the Wives Appreciation Dinner and it was a lot of fun.
Shannan & I celebrated our birthdays together with all of our Bestest Friends at Wild Wings...
We rented a cabin in Gatlinburg, TN for Thanksgiving with my Sister...

December was filled with Christmas Parties, Going to see Christmas Lights, Awesome Christmas Celebrations at Church, and time spent with friends & family...We also celebrated Zack's 16th Birthday.

Hopes, Goals & Dreams for 2010....

What I hope to accomplish in 2010:

To save money...I need to get my finances in order. I need to stop and ask myself IF i really need something before I buy it. With the economy the way it is and Scott's business slow, we need to save every penny when we can...

To lose some weight....I have lost 18 lbs since Sept and managed to keep it off over the holidays. I would like to lose at least 40 -50 more this year. It's not as easy as it once was with my thyroid condition and I am getting older lol...and not to mention my feet kill me...but I am going to try with will power and God's help....

To get closer to God. I am going to do a devotional every day from the new book Rooted and spend more time with God. I am also going to plan some quiet time with Him at least 3 times per week. I am also going to pray that God continues to work on my husbands heart and that he gets saved this year and joins the church too.

To have as much fun as I can. As we get older, friendships and relationships mean so much more to me. I hope to get closer to my girlfriends and have lots of get togethers with them and their families.
We are going to be celebrating our 20th Wedding Anniversary this summer and go on a cruise with some friends that are very special to me. I hope that we all have the time of our lives....

To Just be Safe, Happy & Healthy. I think with a positive attitude and looking for the silver lining in every situation (as Jennifer says) we can all be happier, better Christians....

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I will continue to pray for you & Scott and I know that with God all things are possible...

Girl friends are the best it is place of fun, laughter, tears, love, encouraging, rebuking out of love and trust... Girlfriends make our troubles go away, they pray for you and they push you to be the best but also will call you out and let you know when they you do wrong. They are forgiven and not judging, they love you for who you are and accept you. If all of these are found then you have the best girlfriends and I know my 5 have these!!!!!! love ya