11/15/09

Pastors Wives Appreciation Dinner

The Women to Women Ministry held a Pastor's Wives Appreciation Dinner at AMRBC on November 12th. Thanks to Jennifer, Kathi asked me to make the dessert for this dinner. So all day Wednesday, I baked 14 cakes....4 chocolate sheet cakes, 4 white sheet cakes, 3 double-layer strawberry cakes and 3 carrot cakes. I baked from 10:30 in the morning til 10:30 at night, with a three hour break to go to church....
Thursday, I made TONS of frosting....cream cheese frosting for the carrot cakes, strawberry cream cheese frosting for the strawberry cakes, chocolate frosting for the chocolate cakes and buttercream frosting for the white cakes.....I think I used over 28 lbs of powdered sugar!!!
Two chocolate cakes had pink polka dots and 2 had sprinkles...

2 of the white cakes had polka dots and the other two had confetti....

They also asked me to set a table for 8. We could use any dishes and theme that we wanted. I asked Ree to help me....she's very creative. So I got out my best dishes, Christmas Phaltzgraff, matching napkin rings with red & green napkins, red & green charger plates, Ree's glasses, centerpiece of greenery and glass globe with candle. Ree's husband painted us some trains and Ree made name tags for each of us. She also put a pretty bow on each chair with a star hanging from each...


Our table was beautiful....It was fun to do this...





A Hawaiian table....It was cool!


This was nice...Let it snow!













Shannan sat at our table..


Denise & Ree...


Denise's two friends, Nancy & Molly ( I hope I got that right)


Ginger, myself & Wanda....make up the 8 the sat at the table...

Jennifer didn't get to sit with us. She is part of the Women's Ministry so she sat at their table.. We missed her.

It was a great evening. Good food, a great speaker with a good message, & Best Friends.

We are thankful for all of the Pastor's Wives of the church and ALL that they do to help make AMRBC the awesome church that it is...

Zack also helped serve drinks and desserts with other men and students from the church. They did a great job also....

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Boy, I sound like I work you like a dog...lol...sorry... the cakes where very pretty and tasted good..

by the way it is Wendy and Molly..lol

Jennifer said...

Oh yeah.. I meant to tell you THANK YOU for all that you did!!!!!

jkstrib said...

I had the white cake with the sprinkles. The next day I wished for another piece. It was delicious!!! I didn't realize you had made all the cakes!